The Medical and Natural Treatments of IDA
The Medical Treatment of IDA
The most common form of medical treatment of mild to moderate IDA is using prescription iron tablets.
Prescription iron tables are basically iron bound to one or another molecule, such as a sulfur molecule, ferrous sulfate, to allow it to be absorbed.
Your doctor may prescribe iron supplements:
- Iron supplements must be taken on an empty stomach (at least ½ hour before meals) for best absorption. However, taken this way may upset your stomach, so if needed, you may take it with a small amount of food (but not with milk).
- If you take other medications you must wait at least 2 hours after taking iron before taking these medications. Antacids, and especially
tetracycline's, may interfere with iron absorption.
- Because liquid iron supplements may discolor the teeth, a child should drink any liquid iron preparation through a straw.
- Iron supplements may also cause black bowel movements, diarrhea or constipation.
- Continue iron supplements until 2 to 3 months after your blood tests have returned to normal.
- Since too much iron is dangerous. All bottles containing iron tablets should be well out of the way of small children, preferably under lock and key. Iron can poison a child, hence is extremely dangerous for children under the age of 16.
Remember, keep iron supplements out of the reach of children.
The Natural Treatment of IDA
IDA is generally a nutritional deficiency syndrome. While iron is the most important part of this process, iron often relies on other vitamins and minerals for its optimal absorption and utilization within the body. Prescription iron tablets and often even iron supplements from the health food store do not necessarily have all of the nutrients, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and micro nutrients, necessary for the optimal absorption and utilization of iron with in the body to reverse and even cure IDA.
The very best way to eliminate IDA is with an iron rich, well-balanced and
nutritious daily diet.
How Can I Find Out How To Create a Well-Balanced, Iron Rich Diet, For My Self and My Family?
Drs. Allen and Lisa Lawrence have written 30 Days to No More IDA (Iron Deficiency Anemia) with the intention of providing information on how to create a healthy, well-balanced Iron Rich daily diet. You can not purchase 30 Days to No More IDA an e-Book, download it, read it and know exactly what you need to do to reverse and even cure yours, your child's or family member's Iron Deficiency Anemia.
If you are interested in learning more about 30 Days to No More IDA or to purchase it click here, now!
Click Here To order your copy of 30-Days To No More IDA,
A Doctor's Proven Nutritional Program
Buy 30-Days To No More IDA, A Doctor's Proven Nutritional Program for yourself or
give it as a gift of good health to a friend or relative who suffers from IDA.
If you are not 100% satisfied with the results of the techniques presented in this ebook,
and we will send you a refund for the full amount you paid.
© 2006, Allco Health Products, Drs. Allen Lawrence
and Lisa Robyn Lawrence